Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia hazelnut production predicted to hit $400m by 2020Hazelnut production in Australia could increase by more than 2000 per cent by 2020, according to a newly released report.
A Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation report has found the Australian hazelnut industry has the potential to be valued at $400 million with current annual production, 170 tonnes, anticipated to dramatically increase to 2000-3000 tonnes by 2020.
The report found Australian hazelnut growers wanted to expand their plantings and other horticultural producers wanted to diversify into newer crops.
And Ferrero Australasia, a major global processor of hazelnuts, has identified Australia as a country suitable for hazelnut production.
“With the aim of diversifying production regions and securing constant, reliable hazelnut supply, the Ferrero group has identified Australia as a country suitable for hazelnut production.”
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: