Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia hazelnut production predicted to hit $400m by 2020Hazelnut production in Australia could increase by more than 2000 per cent by 2020, according to a newly released report.
A Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation report has found the Australian hazelnut industry has the potential to be valued at $400 million with current annual production, 170 tonnes, anticipated to dramatically increase to 2000-3000 tonnes by 2020.
The report found Australian hazelnut growers wanted to expand their plantings and other horticultural producers wanted to diversify into newer crops.
And Ferrero Australasia, a major global processor of hazelnuts, has identified Australia as a country suitable for hazelnut production.
“With the aim of diversifying production regions and securing constant, reliable hazelnut supply, the Ferrero group has identified Australia as a country suitable for hazelnut production.”
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: