Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia hazelnut production predicted to hit $400m by 2020Hazelnut production in Australia could increase by more than 2000 per cent by 2020, according to a newly released report.
A Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation report has found the Australian hazelnut industry has the potential to be valued at $400 million with current annual production, 170 tonnes, anticipated to dramatically increase to 2000-3000 tonnes by 2020.
The report found Australian hazelnut growers wanted to expand their plantings and other horticultural producers wanted to diversify into newer crops.
And Ferrero Australasia, a major global processor of hazelnuts, has identified Australia as a country suitable for hazelnut production.
“With the aim of diversifying production regions and securing constant, reliable hazelnut supply, the Ferrero group has identified Australia as a country suitable for hazelnut production.”
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: