- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artichoke grower launches fall promotion program
- Asian vegetable trial to determine market & production viability in Texas
- Saudi currency at weakest level for two years
- Dan Martin appointed President IFCO North America
- “Belgian greenhouse vegetables are gradually getting more competition from the South”
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Chile as an example for fruit and vegetable bilateral agreements
- European gooseberry market much more established than the US
- Plan 2020: King Courgette guarantees that 100% of the energy used in its facilities is green
- New tomato brand to be launched December 2018 in Western U.S.
- Corona-branded limes to be officially launched at PMA
Florette acquires MyFresh from William Jackson Food Group
The deal, struck for an undisclosed sum, sees Wigan-based MyFresh Prepared Produce and William Jackson Food Group retain MyFresh Chicksands, a business located further south in Bedfordshire.
Wigan-based MyFresh Prepared Produce is a salad and vegetable product supplier and employs 300 people. After the acquisition, the company will continue to operate from its current location in Lancashire. Florette said it plans to further develop the business and invest in its new asset.
Doug Robertson, managing director of Florette's operations in the UK and Ireland, said:
"MyFresh is a successful business that complements our existing operations and will help us to grow in the convenience retail and food service markets - both of which are showing consistent levels of growth and allows us to meet consumers' needs for healthy food options, whatever the channel."
The acquisition follows that of beetroot product business Axgro Foods by Florette in 2016.
At the end of last year, Florette said it planned to invest EUR12m (US$13.1m at October 2016 exchange rates) during 2017 in what it described at the time as its "highest investment effort so far".
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 08/31/2017 Rhubarb productivity increased with ULMA packaging equipment
- 08/30/2017 Researchers use Plasma-Processed air to boost fresh cut shelf life
- 08/29/2017 Ghana fresh cut pineapple exports earned $53m in 2016
- 08/28/2017 ABL spa funds research on the effects of processing machinery on fruit quality
- 08/25/2017 Freshtime Five in the running for national recognition
- 08/24/2017 Florette acquires MyFresh from William Jackson Food Group
- 08/23/2017 Scandinavia: Dole Fresh Cuts expands organic offering
- 08/22/2017 There are big opportunities in local markets for fresh cut
- 08/21/2017 On-the-go produce industry growing by 10% each year
- 08/18/2017 "The market for snack carrots growing rapidly"
- 08/17/2017 US based Global Cooling installs fresh-cut precooler
- 08/16/2017 Key Technology to introduce VERYX sorters to the Middle East
- 08/15/2017 Fresh cut demand at Tesco grows by 10%
- 08/14/2017 Bizerba now exclusive distributor of Brunner-Anliker vegetable-slicer in Germany
- 08/11/2017 "It won't be long before organic is the new standard"
- 08/10/2017 "More mangoes and blueberries being frozen"
- 08/09/2017 Bonduelle Group records 16.3% increase in turnover
- 08/08/2017 Global Focus Fresh-Cut
- 08/07/2017 Fresh cuts benefit from new, more-powerful Precooler/Recooler
- 08/31/2016 Short-course on Fresh-cut Produce, 2 weeks left to register