Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Florette acquires MyFresh from William Jackson Food GroupFlorette has acquired part of UK firm MyFresh from William Jackson Food Group in a move the France-based salads supplier said would help it target the country's convenience and foodservice customers.
The deal, struck for an undisclosed sum, sees Wigan-based MyFresh Prepared Produce and William Jackson Food Group retain MyFresh Chicksands, a business located further south in Bedfordshire.
Wigan-based MyFresh Prepared Produce is a salad and vegetable product supplier and employs 300 people. After the acquisition, the company will continue to operate from its current location in Lancashire. Florette said it plans to further develop the business and invest in its new asset.
Doug Robertson, managing director of Florette's operations in the UK and Ireland, said:
"MyFresh is a successful business that complements our existing operations and will help us to grow in the convenience retail and food service markets - both of which are showing consistent levels of growth and allows us to meet consumers' needs for healthy food options, whatever the channel."
The acquisition follows that of beetroot product business Axgro Foods by Florette in 2016.
At the end of last year, Florette said it planned to invest EUR12m (US$13.1m at October 2016 exchange rates) during 2017 in what it described at the time as its "highest investment effort so far".
Publication date: 8/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: