Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
United Fresh names 2017 Family Business Scholarship winners
United Fresh Produce Association is pleased to announce the four recipients of the 2017 Frieda Rapoport Caplan Family Business Scholarships:
- Brian Loffredo, Operations Manager, Loffredo Fresh Produce, Des Moines, IA
- Geoff Ratto, Sales, Ratto Bros., Inc., Modesto, CA
- Mikee Suarez, Sales, MAS Melons & Grapes, LLC, Nogalez, AZ
- Nick Wishnatzki, Marketing Projects Manager, Wish Farms, Plant City, FL
The Frieda Rapoport Caplan Family Business Scholarship Program was founded in 2001 by sisters Karen Caplan and Jackie Caplan Wiggins, in honor of their mother, Frieda Rapoport Caplan.The program provides the opportunity for representatives from family-owned businesses to attend the United Fresh Washington Conference. The four scholarship recipients receive complimentary airfare, hotel and registration to participate in the conference, September 18-20 in Washington, D.C.
“We are pleased to continue our partnership with United Fresh in support to family businesses through the Frieda Rapoport Caplan Family Business Scholarship,” said Jackie Caplan Wiggins, Vice President and COO of Frieda’s, Inc. “This year’s scholarship recipients will engage in political advocacy efforts, education and networking activities at The Washington Conference where they will acquire the skills they need to be effective leaders on the issues that impact our businesses and the fresh produce industry.”
The United Fresh Washington Conference brings together hundreds of produce leaders from all sectors of the industry for education on critical industry issues and meetings with members of Congress, their staffs and top regulatory officials. Scholarship recipients will have an opportunity to network with produce industry leaders from across the country, as well as gain an understanding of the political process and how to advocate for their priority issues. They also will participate in the Rising Leaders Program, which provides additional education for emerging industry leaders on public policy and advocacy.
Each year, a scholarship committee reviews applicants for the program using several criteria, including each candidate’s interest in advocacy work and commitment to the produce industry.
Publication date: 8/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: