Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
MSC & Hapag-Lloyd to launch new Europe-South America loopMediterranean Shipping Co (MSC) and Hapag-Lloyd are preparing to jointly launch a new loop between north Europe and the east coast of South America from September 27 that will be operated by nine vessels with an average capacity of 9,000 TEU.
MSC has branded the new service, NWC/SAEC, while Hapag-Lloyd is calling it the ECX, reported American Shipper.
The port rotation is: Rotterdam, London Gateway, Bremerhaven, Hamburg, Antwerp, Le Havre, Sines, Rio Sepetiba, Santos, Navegantes, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Rio Grande, Navegantes, Paranagua, Santos, Rio Sepetiba, Salvador, Pecem and Rotterdam.
Each ship deployed on the new loop will be fitted with 1,325 reefer plugs. MSC will provide five of the vessels and Hapag-Lloyd four.
As a result of this new service, MSC and Hapag-Lloyd will be consolidating their existing operations on the trade, combining their volumes from a current loop they jointly operate, and coming off of a Hamburg Sud operated service, which they both currently purchase slots on, a Hapag-Lloyd spokesperson was cited as saying.
Publication date: 8/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: