Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
MSC & Hapag-Lloyd to launch new Europe-South America loopMediterranean Shipping Co (MSC) and Hapag-Lloyd are preparing to jointly launch a new loop between north Europe and the east coast of South America from September 27 that will be operated by nine vessels with an average capacity of 9,000 TEU.
MSC has branded the new service, NWC/SAEC, while Hapag-Lloyd is calling it the ECX, reported American Shipper.
The port rotation is: Rotterdam, London Gateway, Bremerhaven, Hamburg, Antwerp, Le Havre, Sines, Rio Sepetiba, Santos, Navegantes, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Rio Grande, Navegantes, Paranagua, Santos, Rio Sepetiba, Salvador, Pecem and Rotterdam.
Each ship deployed on the new loop will be fitted with 1,325 reefer plugs. MSC will provide five of the vessels and Hapag-Lloyd four.
As a result of this new service, MSC and Hapag-Lloyd will be consolidating their existing operations on the trade, combining their volumes from a current loop they jointly operate, and coming off of a Hamburg Sud operated service, which they both currently purchase slots on, a Hapag-Lloyd spokesperson was cited as saying.
Publication date: 8/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: