Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Syria: Tartus citrus production expected to reach 256 thousand tonnes
The Tartus Agriculture Directorate expects the citrus production of the governorate to reach about 256 thousand tonnes in the current agricultural season, of which about 84,400 tonnes will correspond to lemons, 98,700 tonnes to oranges, 48,700 tonnes to mandarins and 24,200 tonnes to grapefruit.
The director of agriculture, Engineer Tayseer Bilal, said that the governorate's citrus production is subject to a biological control program. This entails the use of biological control methods in order to tackle citrus pests.
Bilal said that the governorate's citrus acreage amounts to 9,341 hectares, with a total of 3.5 million trees, of which 2.3 million trees are in the process of fruiting.
Publication date: 8/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: