Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Up to May, the country exported 10% of fruit to third countries
Spanish exports to China increase
Between January and May, Spanish fruit exports to the EU amounted to 3,143 million euros, i.e. 3% more than in the same period in 2016, representing 92% of the total, whereas shipments to non-EU countries increased by 10% to
€282 million, according to data from the Customs and Excise Department under the Ministry of Economy, processed by FEPEX.
Among the third-country markets, the growth of Spanish exports to China stands out, as the country exported 20.4 million euro to that destination between January and May 2017, i.e. 57% more than in the same period of 2016, when those exports amounted to 13 million euro. In the same months of 2015 fruit and vegetable exports amounted to 2.9 million euro, and in 2014 they totalled one million euro.
The growth in shipments to the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia were also noteworthy, with € 20.8 million (+3%) and € 17.5 million (+48%), respectively.
Other outstanding markets outside Europe were Canada with 17.1 million euro (+27%), and Brazil with 13 million euro ( 6%).
In the January to May period, Spanish fruit exports increased by 4% in volume and 4% in value when compared to the same months of 2016, as they totalled 3 million tons and 3,425 million euro respectively, according to data from the Customs and Excise Department. Special Taxes under the Ministry of Economy, processed by FEPEX.
Publication date: 8/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: