Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Up to May, the country exported 10% of fruit to third countries
Spanish exports to China increase
Between January and May, Spanish fruit exports to the EU amounted to 3,143 million euros, i.e. 3% more than in the same period in 2016, representing 92% of the total, whereas shipments to non-EU countries increased by 10% to
€282 million, according to data from the Customs and Excise Department under the Ministry of Economy, processed by FEPEX.
Among the third-country markets, the growth of Spanish exports to China stands out, as the country exported 20.4 million euro to that destination between January and May 2017, i.e. 57% more than in the same period of 2016, when those exports amounted to 13 million euro. In the same months of 2015 fruit and vegetable exports amounted to 2.9 million euro, and in 2014 they totalled one million euro.
The growth in shipments to the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia were also noteworthy, with € 20.8 million (+3%) and € 17.5 million (+48%), respectively.
Other outstanding markets outside Europe were Canada with 17.1 million euro (+27%), and Brazil with 13 million euro ( 6%).
In the January to May period, Spanish fruit exports increased by 4% in volume and 4% in value when compared to the same months of 2016, as they totalled 3 million tons and 3,425 million euro respectively, according to data from the Customs and Excise Department. Special Taxes under the Ministry of Economy, processed by FEPEX.
Publication date: 8/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: