Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Freshtime Five in the running for national recognition
Five of the products created for Spar by food-to-go and fresh produce business Freshtime have been nominated in the national Local Shop Quality Food Awards.
Spar’s Falafels & Spicy Houmous have been nominated in the Chilled category and its Sweet Potato Wedges have been nominated in the Fresh Produce – Salad & Vegetables category.
Meanwhile, the following three products have been shortlisted in the Food To Go category: Spar Butternut & Feta Supergrain Salad; Spar King Prawn & Rice Noodle Salad; Spar Spicy Chicken Chickpea and Bulgar Wheat Salad.
The annual awards recognise and reward excellence in product development in wholesalers’ own-brand and own label ranges and small producers for independent retailers.
Fiona Frossell, Commercial Director at Boston-based Freshtime, said: “Our product range is diversifying more and more as we work hard to cater for changing consumer trends.
“More people are adopting a flexitarian diet – choosing to cut down on their meat intake – which means demand for healthy and innovative vegetarian options has never been so high.
“The food-to-go sector is also growing hugely and we create market-leading recipes and flavours which are healthy and convenient, delivering the same quality and freshness that consumers might expect from the most premium of food-to-go outlets.
Representatives from Freshtime will be attending the ceremony at Grosvenor House Hotel in London on Thursday 28th September.
For more information:
Tel: +44 01522 528540
Publication date: 8/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: