Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Freshtime Five in the running for national recognition
Five of the products created for Spar by food-to-go and fresh produce business Freshtime have been nominated in the national Local Shop Quality Food Awards.
Spar’s Falafels & Spicy Houmous have been nominated in the Chilled category and its Sweet Potato Wedges have been nominated in the Fresh Produce – Salad & Vegetables category.
Meanwhile, the following three products have been shortlisted in the Food To Go category: Spar Butternut & Feta Supergrain Salad; Spar King Prawn & Rice Noodle Salad; Spar Spicy Chicken Chickpea and Bulgar Wheat Salad.
The annual awards recognise and reward excellence in product development in wholesalers’ own-brand and own label ranges and small producers for independent retailers.
Fiona Frossell, Commercial Director at Boston-based Freshtime, said: “Our product range is diversifying more and more as we work hard to cater for changing consumer trends.
“More people are adopting a flexitarian diet – choosing to cut down on their meat intake – which means demand for healthy and innovative vegetarian options has never been so high.
“The food-to-go sector is also growing hugely and we create market-leading recipes and flavours which are healthy and convenient, delivering the same quality and freshness that consumers might expect from the most premium of food-to-go outlets.
Representatives from Freshtime will be attending the ceremony at Grosvenor House Hotel in London on Thursday 28th September.
For more information:
Tel: +44 01522 528540
Publication date: 8/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: