Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Freshtime Five in the running for national recognition
Five of the products created for Spar by food-to-go and fresh produce business Freshtime have been nominated in the national Local Shop Quality Food Awards.
Spar’s Falafels & Spicy Houmous have been nominated in the Chilled category and its Sweet Potato Wedges have been nominated in the Fresh Produce – Salad & Vegetables category.
Meanwhile, the following three products have been shortlisted in the Food To Go category: Spar Butternut & Feta Supergrain Salad; Spar King Prawn & Rice Noodle Salad; Spar Spicy Chicken Chickpea and Bulgar Wheat Salad.
The annual awards recognise and reward excellence in product development in wholesalers’ own-brand and own label ranges and small producers for independent retailers.
Fiona Frossell, Commercial Director at Boston-based Freshtime, said: “Our product range is diversifying more and more as we work hard to cater for changing consumer trends.
“More people are adopting a flexitarian diet – choosing to cut down on their meat intake – which means demand for healthy and innovative vegetarian options has never been so high.
“The food-to-go sector is also growing hugely and we create market-leading recipes and flavours which are healthy and convenient, delivering the same quality and freshness that consumers might expect from the most premium of food-to-go outlets.
Representatives from Freshtime will be attending the ceremony at Grosvenor House Hotel in London on Thursday 28th September.
For more information:
Tel: +44 01522 528540
Publication date: 8/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: