Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mart Ouweheand, Katwijk Washed Carrots Centre
"The market for snack carrots growing rapidly"The rejuvenation of the Dutch domestic large carrot market might be waiting for winter, but the market for snack carrots is growing rapidly. Mart Ouwehand of the Katwijk Washed carrots Centre, is pleased with the growth figures he has gotten. This is thanks to a good partnership with the processor, Royal Vezet, and supermarket chain, Albert. Over the last year, the Katwijk centre has grown by 20%.
The various types of packaging that washed carrots are sold in
At the ready
The Katwijk Washed carrots centre, grows a special sweet variety of carrot. It delivers these washed carrots to its partner, the Royal Vezet. This company processes and packages the washed carrots and ensures that they end up on Albert Heijn's shelves. Mart Ouwehand, therefore, does not have to engage in free trade and can focus on their customer. "We have been dealing with each other for more than ten years. Royal Vezet is a reliable partner and we ensure we are always standing at the ready for them", says Mart. This does not mean that there are no developments. He has, in consultation, taken over a part of Vezet's operations. "We now have, in conjunction with Vezet, a packaging line that washes, cleans and packages A-class carrots."
The Katwijk Washed carrots Centre offers washed carrots in different sizes. The cut carrots are sold in 150 gr, 300 gr en 500 gr packets. Weekly, the Katwijk Washed carrots Centre supplies a total of 150 000 kg of carrots to Vezet.
For more information:
Waspeen Centrum Katwijk
2231 LJ Rijnsburg
T: +31 (0) 651 144 548
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: