- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Scandinavia: Dole Fresh Cuts expands organic offering
"We recently introduced several new organic products after we saw that the organic trend in Scandinavia continues to become stronger by the day. In response, we have increased our offering in Sweden, Finland and Denmark, and we have even seen a big push coming out of the Baltics recently as well." shared Fredrik Pettersson for Dole Freshcuts in Sweden.
"We have been in the Baltics since 2009, and when we entered the market times were tough, but over the years as the financial situation has improved, so has their demand for new products, including organics. When we first started it was impossible to get any of our products into the market during the summer season because local production was so strong and very cheap. However nowadays, demand still goes down in the summer, but sales are steady with good volumes."
The company recently launched a new twist on coleslaw called Crispy Slaw, which comes in a plastic container with everything included to make a tasty salad that is perfect for BBQ season, but also a product that can be consumed regardless of the weather. The coleslaw comes in three types; Honey Dijon (organic) which is a mix of white cabbage and carrots with honey dijon dressing; Mango Chili- with white, red, and savoy cabbage, carrots and a creamy chili dressing; and finally Mojo Rojo- red cabbage, carrots and a light smokey dressing. The dressing is packed separately enabling the customers to make the coleslaw to their own tastes, with as little or as much as they like.
"We see the Crispy Slaw line as something that appeals to consumers all year round. Our peak season is from Easter up to mid-summer, regardless of whether it begins earlier or later in the year. With a good summer, we get good sales, especially the more chance that people have to BBQ." said Fredrik.
"The slowest part of the year is around the corner, in October and November, when the days start to become grey and shorter, consumers start turning to root vegetables such as carrots and potatoes, along with things like cabbage. We are looking into doing more soup products, such as soup mixes, to achieve more volume during the winter months, but we aren't there yet. Things pick up again during Christmas and New Year's for our salads, especially in January when they regret all of the decisions they made the month before and decide to eat healthy and get to the gym!"
For more information:
Dole Fresh Cuts
Tel: +46 42 249600
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 08/31/2017 Rhubarb productivity increased with ULMA packaging equipment
- 08/30/2017 Researchers use Plasma-Processed air to boost fresh cut shelf life
- 08/29/2017 Ghana fresh cut pineapple exports earned $53m in 2016
- 08/28/2017 ABL spa funds research on the effects of processing machinery on fruit quality
- 08/25/2017 Freshtime Five in the running for national recognition
- 08/24/2017 Florette acquires MyFresh from William Jackson Food Group
- 08/23/2017 Scandinavia: Dole Fresh Cuts expands organic offering
- 08/22/2017 There are big opportunities in local markets for fresh cut
- 08/21/2017 On-the-go produce industry growing by 10% each year
- 08/18/2017 "The market for snack carrots growing rapidly"
- 08/17/2017 US based Global Cooling installs fresh-cut precooler
- 08/16/2017 Key Technology to introduce VERYX sorters to the Middle East
- 08/15/2017 Fresh cut demand at Tesco grows by 10%
- 08/14/2017 Bizerba now exclusive distributor of Brunner-Anliker vegetable-slicer in Germany
- 08/11/2017 "It won't be long before organic is the new standard"
- 08/10/2017 "More mangoes and blueberries being frozen"
- 08/09/2017 Bonduelle Group records 16.3% increase in turnover
- 08/08/2017 Global Focus Fresh-Cut
- 08/07/2017 Fresh cuts benefit from new, more-powerful Precooler/Recooler
- 08/31/2016 Short-course on Fresh-cut Produce, 2 weeks left to register