Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Scandinavia: Dole Fresh Cuts expands organic offeringAfter a continual rise in consumer demand for more organic products, Dole in Sweden has expanded its offering to meet the demand.
"We recently introduced several new organic products after we saw that the organic trend in Scandinavia continues to become stronger by the day. In response, we have increased our offering in Sweden, Finland and Denmark, and we have even seen a big push coming out of the Baltics recently as well." shared Fredrik Pettersson for Dole Freshcuts in Sweden.
"We have been in the Baltics since 2009, and when we entered the market times were tough, but over the years as the financial situation has improved, so has their demand for new products, including organics. When we first started it was impossible to get any of our products into the market during the summer season because local production was so strong and very cheap. However nowadays, demand still goes down in the summer, but sales are steady with good volumes."
The company recently launched a new twist on coleslaw called Crispy Slaw, which comes in a plastic container with everything included to make a tasty salad that is perfect for BBQ season, but also a product that can be consumed regardless of the weather. The coleslaw comes in three types; Honey Dijon (organic) which is a mix of white cabbage and carrots with honey dijon dressing; Mango Chili- with white, red, and savoy cabbage, carrots and a creamy chili dressing; and finally Mojo Rojo- red cabbage, carrots and a light smokey dressing. The dressing is packed separately enabling the customers to make the coleslaw to their own tastes, with as little or as much as they like.
"We see the Crispy Slaw line as something that appeals to consumers all year round. Our peak season is from Easter up to mid-summer, regardless of whether it begins earlier or later in the year. With a good summer, we get good sales, especially the more chance that people have to BBQ." said Fredrik.
"The slowest part of the year is around the corner, in October and November, when the days start to become grey and shorter, consumers start turning to root vegetables such as carrots and potatoes, along with things like cabbage. We are looking into doing more soup products, such as soup mixes, to achieve more volume during the winter months, but we aren't there yet. Things pick up again during Christmas and New Year's for our salads, especially in January when they regret all of the decisions they made the month before and decide to eat healthy and get to the gym!"
For more information:
Dole Fresh Cuts
Tel: +46 42 249600
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: