Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peruvian pomegranate exports on the rise
The Peruvian pomegranate season ended with a growth in the volume of exports, which reached about 24 thousand metric tonnes.
For the vice-president of ProGranada, although this increase was not "exponential," it shows an upward trend for this crop that is still developing, while supply and demand remain at "healthy" levels.
The season, which starts in January and ends around June, is relatively long, with various stages and peaks in volume between weeks 15 and 20.
The most important markets this season were European countries, although some small volumes also arrived in the United States for the first time.
However, no marketing campaigns are yet planned, as pomegranates are still considered a niche item.
All in all, the sector is in the process of opening new key markets in Asia, such as South Korea, Japan and China.
Prices this season oscillated between $ 6 and $ 13 for a four-kilo box.
Source: Gestión Espresso
Publication date: 8/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: