Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Freshdeal expands produce marketplace following mergerFreshdeal announced today its latest release of Freshdeal.com, "a faster, intuitive B2B e-commerce platform for buyers and sellers in the produce industry to discover new business opportunities, connect with verified partners, and grow," is how Freshdeal described it. The platform now incorporates talent from Fruitspot, a company based in New York City.
“We have designed Freshdeal to match the reliable buyers and sellers, so they can spend less time searching, discover more opportunities, and start conversations more easily.” says Jose Baptista, Freshdeal’s Co-CEO and CMO.
“With this new release, we’re also placing critical importance on building trust and reputation – so our users can connect with confidence.”
With this merger and new version, Freshdeal adds New York to its existing offices in Valencia (Spain) and Tauberbischofsheim (Germany), with a dedicated team of country managers and collaborators for the North and Latin America markets. Moreover, the company has been selected to be featured in TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Alley 2017 in San Francisco. This international event will take place next September.
Freshdeal offers an online marketplace that specializes in speed and availability. It’s designed to save time and effort by breaking down the amount of information and forms to fill. The company claims that in less than two minutes, users can post produce for purchase or sale. The platform will then notify contacts that match the requirements, so they start a direct conversation.
This release adds features to enhance safety and trust, including verified user profiles, ratings, and reviews. Using these same profiles, the platform also automatically monitors fruit and vegetable markets to find personalized opportunities to buy or sell, with less work. The platform has already enabled more than $54 million in new business for its users.
“With these features, we’ll be able to optimize the balance between supply and demand and we will receive updated information regarding the needs and searches of our users”, explains José Manuel Donate, Freshdeal’s CEO. In fact, more than 2,600 companies have already joined the platform.
Reducing food waste
Freshdeal has partnered with the United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), as part of a global network of organizations working to end food waste, which currently adds up to more than 45% of all fruit and vegetable production, and half of which is lost before even reaching consumers. The UN has identified the platform as a solution to reduce food waste caused by market inefficiencies.
For more information:
Tel: 96 351 6847
Mob: 64 826 7600
Publication date: 8/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: