Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The pomegranate export season has begunThe extreme heat experienced earlier in the season has meant that the Israeli exporter, Arava Export Growers, had to wait two weeks before they could start exporting their first container of pomegranates. According to Omer Kamp, they had to wait for the brix level, which was affected by the adverse weather conditions, to rise to 13 in order to ensure a sweeter fruit.
“As Peru and Chile are at the end of the season with less fruit and smaller calibres, we expect a nice start of the season. Nevertheless it is difficult to predict.”
They are sending their first container of the Akko variety, packed in 3.5 kg boxes, next week. This will be followed by the Emmek and in mid-September by the Wonderful. Arava exports mainly to EU countries such as the Netherlands, Italy, Germany and France. They will also break into the Russian market, but it is difficult, according to Kamp, as this market is controlled.
For more information:
Tel: +972 3 9728127
Mob: +972 52 5334763
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: