Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk CEO expects further consolidation of container industryThe container industry will see more takeovers over the coming years. Soren Skou, CEO of AP Moller - Maersk expects five or six players to remain in a market that had 20 players just two years ago. This was said by the CEO in an interview with the Financial Times.
In the last two years eight out of 20 container shipping companies have been taken over or have gone bust. Maersk Line took over Hamburg Süd, Hapag-Lloyd took over two competitors, CMA CGM took over NOL and there were various fusions between Japanese and Chinese shipping companies. The South Korean Hanjin folded last year. "I expect the sector to see further consolidation. In ten years there will be just five or six companies left," according to Soren Skou.
Publication date: 8/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: