Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey sending second ship loaded with food to Qatar
Preparations have been underway at the port of Izmir for the departure of Turkey's second ship, loaded with food, to Qatar, which is currently subject to an embargo from other Persian Gulf countries. The shipment is expected to arrive to its destination before the holiday of Kurban Bairam, held on 1 September.
The ship, which has been loaded with dry food, vegetables and fruits, is departing on 16 August and will reach the Hamad port in Doha on 26 August.
It has also been planned to send a third ship, which will be loaded after the holiday of Kurban Bairam. Meanwhile, it is reported that in Qatar there is a great demand for Turkish goods.
It is worth recalling that the first Turkish ship loaded with products such as milk, eggs, fruits and vegetables arrived in Qatar on 25 June.
Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Bahrain imposed sanctions on Qatar on 5 June, accusing it of supporting terrorism. They have asserted that Qatar finances some terrorist groups and cooperates with Iran.
Publication date: 8/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: