Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey sending second ship loaded with food to Qatar
Preparations have been underway at the port of Izmir for the departure of Turkey's second ship, loaded with food, to Qatar, which is currently subject to an embargo from other Persian Gulf countries. The shipment is expected to arrive to its destination before the holiday of Kurban Bairam, held on 1 September.
The ship, which has been loaded with dry food, vegetables and fruits, is departing on 16 August and will reach the Hamad port in Doha on 26 August.
It has also been planned to send a third ship, which will be loaded after the holiday of Kurban Bairam. Meanwhile, it is reported that in Qatar there is a great demand for Turkish goods.
It is worth recalling that the first Turkish ship loaded with products such as milk, eggs, fruits and vegetables arrived in Qatar on 25 June.
Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Bahrain imposed sanctions on Qatar on 5 June, accusing it of supporting terrorism. They have asserted that Qatar finances some terrorist groups and cooperates with Iran.
Publication date: 8/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: