Job offersmore »
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
After countless frost damages during spring, stocks have recovered
Germany: Higher cucumber yields expected in Spreewald
The Spreewaldverein is expecting a harvest of 34,000 tons in 2017, a representative mentioned in the course of the 19th Spreewald Cucumber Day in Golßen (Dahme-Spreewald).
Last year, farmers produced around 29,000 tons of the regional delicacy, which is cultivated in Brandenburg on 500 hectares. The harvest has been going on since mid-June, with the main harvest taking place in July and August.
Unusually late frost had killed many cucumbers in spring, some businesses had to re-plant up to 80% of their stocks. After the relatively sunny months of May and June, the plants regenerated enough to meet all the orders that were made.
Publication date: 8/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: