Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
After countless frost damages during spring, stocks have recovered
Germany: Higher cucumber yields expected in Spreewald
The Spreewaldverein is expecting a harvest of 34,000 tons in 2017, a representative mentioned in the course of the 19th Spreewald Cucumber Day in Golßen (Dahme-Spreewald).
Last year, farmers produced around 29,000 tons of the regional delicacy, which is cultivated in Brandenburg on 500 hectares. The harvest has been going on since mid-June, with the main harvest taking place in July and August.
Unusually late frost had killed many cucumbers in spring, some businesses had to re-plant up to 80% of their stocks. After the relatively sunny months of May and June, the plants regenerated enough to meet all the orders that were made.
Publication date: 8/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: