Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
After countless frost damages during spring, stocks have recovered
Germany: Higher cucumber yields expected in Spreewald
The Spreewaldverein is expecting a harvest of 34,000 tons in 2017, a representative mentioned in the course of the 19th Spreewald Cucumber Day in Golßen (Dahme-Spreewald).
Last year, farmers produced around 29,000 tons of the regional delicacy, which is cultivated in Brandenburg on 500 hectares. The harvest has been going on since mid-June, with the main harvest taking place in July and August.
Unusually late frost had killed many cucumbers in spring, some businesses had to re-plant up to 80% of their stocks. After the relatively sunny months of May and June, the plants regenerated enough to meet all the orders that were made.
Publication date: 8/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: