Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: ExpoAmazonica 2017 promotes demand for exotic fruits from the Amazon
According to Luis Torres, the head of Promperu's Exports, the ExpoAmazonica 2017 fair, which was held in the San Martin region, boosted demand for exotic fruits from the Amazon, both by international and domestic buyers.
"ExpoAmazonica 2017 was a springboard for the exotic fruits of the Amazon region. We are talking about sacha inchi, granadilla, pitahaya, golden pineapple, among others, which are gradually penetrating international markets," he stated.
He also said that these exotic products had a high potential in international markets and that the ExpoAmazonica 2017 helped improved the offer through technical assistance programs and the promotion carried out by the commercial offices of the Executive to ensure buyers.
"The articulation of these two driving forces will produce very important results. In addition, foreign entrepreneurs are going to continue coming to the future ExpoAmazonica fairs, which will generate a sustained demand," he said.
Publication date: 8/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: