Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
$7.4m cold storage facility opened in Dube TradePort in SAKwaZulu-Natal MEC for Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs, Sihle Zikalala, officially opened the new multi-purpose iDube Cold Storage facility, located within Dube TradePort Special Economic Zone, last Tuesday.
iDube Cold Storage invested USD $7,448,966 in the new state-of-the-art facility, which will cater to the growing demand in chilled and frozen perishables storage within the region. The facility will initially cater to meat importers servicing local retailers as well as exports of dairy, fruit concentrate and citrus to markets in the European Union and the Far East.
MEC Zikalala described the cold storage facility as a great example of the work government in its continued efforts to support the development of industries that enhance the effectiveness of the value chains throughout the economy.
“From production to processing, it is essential that we provide healthy and highly competitive business operating environments, which will present new opportunities for both established and emerging enterprises."
"To date, we have been successful in attracting R1.5 billion in private sector investment, through various developments within Dube TradePort Special Economic Zone, with a further R4.25 billion in investment that is in the immediate pipeline for developments are to be located within the second phases of Dube TradeZone,” the MEC said.
"The new facility will employ around 80 staff when it is operating at full capacity, drawing its labour from a pool of experienced professionals in addition to creating new job opportunities for local communities, that will be added to the 5,500 jobs that have already been created throughout the entire Dube TradePort precinct."
iDube Cold Storage’s 4,500 square meter facility has the capacity to handle 8,600 mobile pallet positions, which can store up to 12,000 tonnes of perishable product. In addition to this the facility is also equipped to provide a number of ancillary services that include weighing, sorting, repackaging, order picking, and container plug-in of products, as well as providing distribution and logistics solutions.
1 R = 0.075 USD
Publication date: 8/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: