Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ferrero discusses possible hazelnut production in AzerbaijanFerrero has discussed increasing hazelnut production in Azerbaijan with the country's government. The Italian confectioner's agribusiness coordinator Daniel Dellacha met with Azerbaijan's Minister of Agriculture Haydar Asadov last week.
This news comes as the hazelnut supply in the top producing nation, Turkey, faces constraints. The Azerbaijani minister said in a press release, growing conditions in his country were favourable for hazelnut production.
"The state grants preferential loans to hazelnut producers, and hazelnut seeds are distributed to farmers free of charge. This opens up new plantations and opportunities for further increase of hazelnut production," he said.
Turkey produces around 75% of the world's hazelnuts each year. Azerbaijan accounted for 4% of annual production in 2014(29,796 MT), making it the world's fifth largest producer behind Italy, Georgia and the US, according to FAO data.
Read more at confectionerynews.com
Publication date: 8/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: