- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Turkey: “This season the prices of pomegranates are not as far apart”
- France: Paprec Recyclage and Groupe Guillin speed up recycling of PET plastic food trays
- Grapes and algae - China's new weapons against desertification
- Mexico: Puebla exports avocado for the first time
- Japan teams with Southeast Asia to protect property rights
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Ferrero discusses possible hazelnut production in Azerbaijan
This news comes as the hazelnut supply in the top producing nation, Turkey, faces constraints. The Azerbaijani minister said in a press release, growing conditions in his country were favourable for hazelnut production.
"The state grants preferential loans to hazelnut producers, and hazelnut seeds are distributed to farmers free of charge. This opens up new plantations and opportunities for further increase of hazelnut production," he said.
Turkey produces around 75% of the world's hazelnuts each year. Azerbaijan accounted for 4% of annual production in 2014(29,796 MT), making it the world's fifth largest producer behind Italy, Georgia and the US, according to FAO data.
Read more at confectionerynews.com
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/25/2018 Egypt starts planting two million palm trees of new types
- 09/21/2018 Report: Chinese imports of U.S. tree nuts likely to decrease in marketing year
- 09/19/2018 Pecan Nation wants to put the pecan on the map
- 09/19/2018 More domestic pistachio promotions expected this year
- 09/17/2018 Difficult export environment for 2018 Oregon hazelnut crop
- 09/14/2018 Egypt: HB Dates adds three production lines
- 09/14/2018 "France: "Walnut harvest looks pretty good"
- 09/07/2018 Ukraine could become the world’s third largest walnut producer this year
- 09/06/2018 "China: "Chestnut production in Liaoning down by about 10-15%"
- 09/05/2018 Record-sized crop forecast for Oregon hazelnuts
- 09/03/2018 2018 California Walnut Objective Measurement Report
- 08/30/2018 Chile: Internal consumption of dehydrated plum grows
- 08/28/2018 'Costa Rican pineapple rings popular with health-conscious consumers''
- 08/24/2018 US Nuts - Less competition under new Japan Free Trade Agreements
- 08/23/2018 "Certificates are good, but you also have to prove yourself to your customers"
- 08/21/2018 Tariffs likely to challenge California almond market this year
- 08/17/2018 Ukraine: Walnut production up by 25% since 2010
- 08/15/2018 ‘Tariffs could cost US fruit and nut industries over $3 billion’
- 08/10/2018 Is the global market for nuts changing?
- 08/10/2018 Higher demand and volumes for Medjool dates in 2018/19 season