Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Ferrero discusses possible hazelnut production in AzerbaijanFerrero has discussed increasing hazelnut production in Azerbaijan with the country's government. The Italian confectioner's agribusiness coordinator Daniel Dellacha met with Azerbaijan's Minister of Agriculture Haydar Asadov last week.
This news comes as the hazelnut supply in the top producing nation, Turkey, faces constraints. The Azerbaijani minister said in a press release, growing conditions in his country were favourable for hazelnut production.
"The state grants preferential loans to hazelnut producers, and hazelnut seeds are distributed to farmers free of charge. This opens up new plantations and opportunities for further increase of hazelnut production," he said.
Turkey produces around 75% of the world's hazelnuts each year. Azerbaijan accounted for 4% of annual production in 2014(29,796 MT), making it the world's fifth largest producer behind Italy, Georgia and the US, according to FAO data.
Read more at confectionerynews.com
Publication date: 8/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: