Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Mr. Charanjit, owner of Kartarpur Cold Storage
‘Bio Turbo has proven to be beneficial for all our fruits and vegetables’
Mr. Kanwar Charanjit Singh Sodhi is the owner of Kartarpur Cold Storage based in Punjab, India. He stores a variety of fruits and vegetables in his facility and is considered a post-harvest pioneer for discovering and using the best technologies to keep his products as fresh as possible.
In 2010 his keen eye discovered Miatech’s Bio Turbo technology, which at that time was much less known to the market as it is today. He equipped all his cold rooms with Bio Turbo and immediately noticed significant improvements on each type of produce item that he stored there.
After more than 6 years of continuous use, Mr. Charanjit wrote a letter to our Miatech dealer in India where he described in detail his conclusions. In the letter he states that Bio Turbo technology was beneficial for all the fruits and vegetables stored in the facility, but shared with us these particular products that had been most impacted by the Bio turbo technology.
- Onions. Bio Turbo enabled him to supply onions of excellent quality during the off-season (July to September) by removing mold, bacteria and ethylene from his storage rooms. The smell was also reduced significantly.
- Carrots. He managed to have good quality carrots year around, especially during September and October when the season is over and prices are at their peak.
- Grapes. With the Bio Turbo he can store grapes for 150-180 days while eliminating the “Grey mold” (Botrytis).
- Cabbage. There is usually an expected weight loss with cabbage, as over time, the external leaves need to be trimmed to make cabbages more appealing. With Bio Turbo the external leaves hold their fresh green color and therefore do not have to be removed.
- Apples. Bio Turbo is ideal for non-Controlled Atmosphere (CA) apple storage rooms where it can keep the apples in optimal condition from September till April.
- Citrus. Being stored in relatively higher temperatures (around 7°C) citrus fruits are prone to various fungal infections. Bio Turbo prevents mold development and extends the total citrus storage life to about 70 days.
You can find Mr. Charanjit’s original letter here.
For more information, please, contact:
Tel. 1 (503) 659-5680
Publication date: 8/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: