- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Currency crisis unfolding – Will it catch up to the US?
- Arizona: Growers hope new leafy greens protocols will help prevent outbreaks
- Cydiance displays products in Peruvian Expoalimentaria
- CAC celebrates 40-year anniversary at PMA Fresh Summit
- China and Mongolia launch first cross-border "green channel"
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
NZ green kiwifruit orchard sells for record price
The unpruned and untied 3.6 canopy hectare orchard at 104 Casuarina Drive in Te Puke, New Zealand sold at auction for $1.8 million after a three-way bidding war on Wednesday.
The 5.7ha block of land came with a load out area and sprayfill tank, no house, and had achieved an average production over five years of 41,000 trays.
The buyers were three-shareholder equity partnership, Waterview Downs Orchards Ltd. Partners Debbie and Grant Oakley said they owned a gold G3 kiwifruit orchard on the same road.
Mrs Oakley said their motivation for buying land was simple: "location, location, location".
"We've paid a premium because we've bought a neighbouring block, which will make it easier for us to manage."
"It's also prime kiwifruit growing land."
Mrs Oakley said they had enough G3 licence to begin converting the green orchard to gold immediately upon taking ownership, grafting on to the old plants.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 First export of red-heart kiwifruit from Liupanshui to Russia
- 09/21/2018 Organic industry in Thailand increases production for China
- 09/21/2018 "50% of kiwi-berries lost because of rainfall and floodwater"
- 09/21/2018 Taiwan's government hopes that garlic farmers will reduce production by 10%
- 09/21/2018 First batch of New Zealand avocados hits the Chinese market
- 09/21/2018 'Spooky Foods' campaign to entice more shoppers to buy exotic produce
- 09/21/2018 Australian mango season heats up in Northern Territory
- 09/21/2018 Grower sues Miami competitor over hot-selling avo
- 09/21/2018 Kenya: Nairobians are going crazy about pineapple peels
- 09/21/2018 Australian project helps Vietnamese mango famers
- 09/20/2018 Costa Rica's exotic fruit has opportunities in Canada
- 09/20/2018 North Florida: Cold hardy avocados
- 09/20/2018 Mexico: Growing interest in fig crops in Michoacan
- 09/20/2018 Excellent quality but lower yields for pomegranates
- 09/20/2018 Mexico: "6 out of every 10 papayas consumed in North America are from Colima"
- 09/20/2018 Kiwiberries on the market and gaining popularity
- 09/20/2018 New Zealand Fuyu persimmon filling gap before California season starts
- 09/19/2018 Gilroy garlic ranch fully supports trade war
- 09/19/2018 Green light for Jamaica to export mangoes to the US
- 09/19/2018 Australian avocado season - Far North Queensland