Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NZ green kiwifruit orchard sells for record priceA green kiwifruit orchard has fetched what is believed to be a record price of $500,000 per canopy hectare.
The unpruned and untied 3.6 canopy hectare orchard at 104 Casuarina Drive in Te Puke, New Zealand sold at auction for $1.8 million after a three-way bidding war on Wednesday.
The 5.7ha block of land came with a load out area and sprayfill tank, no house, and had achieved an average production over five years of 41,000 trays.
The buyers were three-shareholder equity partnership, Waterview Downs Orchards Ltd. Partners Debbie and Grant Oakley said they owned a gold G3 kiwifruit orchard on the same road.
Mrs Oakley said their motivation for buying land was simple: "location, location, location".
"We've paid a premium because we've bought a neighbouring block, which will make it easier for us to manage."
"It's also prime kiwifruit growing land."
Mrs Oakley said they had enough G3 licence to begin converting the green orchard to gold immediately upon taking ownership, grafting on to the old plants.
Publication date: 8/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: