Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
NZ green kiwifruit orchard sells for record priceA green kiwifruit orchard has fetched what is believed to be a record price of $500,000 per canopy hectare.
The unpruned and untied 3.6 canopy hectare orchard at 104 Casuarina Drive in Te Puke, New Zealand sold at auction for $1.8 million after a three-way bidding war on Wednesday.
The 5.7ha block of land came with a load out area and sprayfill tank, no house, and had achieved an average production over five years of 41,000 trays.
The buyers were three-shareholder equity partnership, Waterview Downs Orchards Ltd. Partners Debbie and Grant Oakley said they owned a gold G3 kiwifruit orchard on the same road.
Mrs Oakley said their motivation for buying land was simple: "location, location, location".
"We've paid a premium because we've bought a neighbouring block, which will make it easier for us to manage."
"It's also prime kiwifruit growing land."
Mrs Oakley said they had enough G3 licence to begin converting the green orchard to gold immediately upon taking ownership, grafting on to the old plants.
Publication date: 8/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: