Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Trading post at Huanggang intercepts more than 80kg of Japanese fruit
A few days ago, the office of Inspection and Quarantine at the Huanggang trading post in Shenzhen city intercepted a batch of Japanese fruits that was being sent across the border. The fruit was in a commercial vehicle with a license plate of both Guangdong and Hong Kong. The little car was discovered and intercepted when it was traveling from the Huanggang trading post in the direction of the border. It had a total of 164.15 kilograms of dragon fruit, green grapes, honey melons, peaches and other kinds of fruit. After having passed through inspection, it was discovered that the place of production of the fruit was Japan, where the Nagano prefecture and the Yamanashi prefecture were the most severely impacted by the nuclear leaks on Fukushima island.
The office for Quality Inspection has strengthened their regulations towards Japanese fruit since the nuclear leak on Fukushima in 2011. More precisely, imports from Fukushima, Gumma, Tochigi, Ibaraki, Miyagi, Niigata, Nagano, Saitama, Tokyo, Yamanashi and ten other places are forbidden. Japanese products of which the origin is not clear or that have been produced within the nuclear polluted region could be a great menace to the populace.
Publication date: 8/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: