Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Port of Los Angeles breaks recordsThe Port of Los Angeles announced Thursday that it recorded its busiest July ever, with container volumes climbing by 16 percent compared to July 2016 volumes. A total of 796,804 twenty-foot equivalent units came through the Port of Los Angeles, the busiest July in the port's 110-year history, and comes on the heels of the news that it set a 12-month shipping record for a Western Hemisphere port during the recent fiscal year.
The calendar year also is expected to break records, as so far container volumes are 9.5 percent ahead of 2016, when the port moved a record-breaking 8.8 million TEUs.
"As we strive to maintain our competitive edge with these record volumes, it's important to acknowledge the Pacific Maritime Association and the good men and women of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union who just extended their contract with terminal operators until 2022," said Gene Seroka, executive director of the Port of Los Angeles.
"The certainty that comes from this decision builds further long-term confidence in our supply chain as we continue to focus on superior infrastructure, innovative leadership and extraordinary customer service."
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: