Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Portugal: Kiwiberries, the future of fruit snacks
The concept of food for snacking has developed a lot in recent years, and in addition to mini vegetables, there are now also mini fruits; more specifically, the kiwiberries. "Although kiwiberries are related to kiwifruit, there are two fundamental differences: their size, and the possibility of eating them without having to peel them," explains José Emanuel Machado, of Minikiwi Farm.
However, the product is still largely unknown at the European level. Machado signed a commercial agreement with its current partners, and because of which practically 100% of their shipments go to the German market. "Before starting to grow a new product, we must ensure that we have technical support, guaranteed production, the necessary certificates and good business relationships," explains Machado.
In Portugal, the fruit is still not very well known, so Minikiwi Farm is organising presentation campaigns, going to events and fairs, and also bringing fruit to schools. "We are still in the test stage, so the value of kiwiberries in the market does not worry us too much. Besides, the fruit that cannot be consumed fresh can be used for the production of jams, liqueurs, syrups, etc.," explains Machado.
For more information:
José Emanuel Machado
Minikiwi Farm Ldª.
Rua senhora da Basta 301
4770-307 Landim, Vila nova de Famalicão
Tel.: +351 917054385
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: