Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mission Produce launches new organic packaging
Oxnard-based Mission Produce announced a new way to highlight organic avocados with the debut of a new organic avocado box. The new design is a bright white box featuring a royal purple stripe as well as Mission’s classic branding. The new design is available in a double layer box as well as a single layer flat.
For years Mission has packaged its organic avocados with purple PLU stickers and has utilized purple mesh and bag straps to help retailers and consumers distinguish organic from conventional avocados in the store. The addition of this new box further extends the emphasis on Mission Organics.
“This box will call out organic avocados in the back room as well as on the sales floor. It helps to highlight the organic fruit for backroom staff and will help them identify inventory as they pull Mission Organic avocados for display,” says Megan Berenbach, Organic Category Manager for Mission. “As the organic category grows, we made it a priority to support our customer’s needs with updated packaging.”
“The new packaging is unique, clean and bright,” says Robb Bertels, Vice President of Marketing for Mission. “Based on the popularity and growth of the avocado category – and especially organic avocados – we feel strongly that we need to do more to highlight organic for retailers and consumers alike. According to the Hass Avocado Board, over 50% heavy avocado users consider organic to be an important attribute when they are on the path to purchase. We don’t expect that to slow down, and anything we can do to highlight organic will benefit the category.”
For More Information:
Mission Produce, Inc.
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: