Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Field tomato grower distributes more than 1,500 backpacks to students at local schools
On Saturday, Aug. 5, Lipman distributed more than 1,500 backpacks filled with essential school supplies to Immokalee elementary and middle school students at its 6th annual free community event at Immokalee High School.
“We look forward to our backpack distribution event every year because it gives the whole community an opportunity to come together for a great cause,” said Jaime Weisinger, community relations director for Lipman and board chairman for the Lipman Family Foundation. “Encouraging education is a priority for us, and we are always looking for new ways to invest in our community’s youth.”
In addition to the backpack distribution, more than 40 local nonprofits and service agencies were present at the event – offering bicycle giveaways, a bounce house, free food and entertainment, and more. The Immokalee Sheriff’s Department provided a rock-climbing wall, and more than 200 haircuts were given by salon-level stylists from Immokalee Technical College. The Harry Chapin Food Bank mobile pantry was also on hand, serving over 300 families with free food.
Funds to purchase the backpacks and school supplies were collected during Lipman’s “Run for Backpacks 5K.” More than 25 local organizations sponsored the run to help raise donations.
Free school uniform shirts were given out to every student at Pinecrest Elementary School because the school had the most participants in the Lipman 5K.
In addition to the backpack distribution, Lipman also offers scholarships to high school and college students in Collier and Lee counties as well as a textbook reimbursement program.
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: