Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Chiquita takes credit for upcoming solar eclipseThe Great American Solar Eclipse will be visible to North Americans from Oregon to South Carolina on Aug. 21 on a stretch of land about 70 miles wide. During this time, the moon will appear to completely cover the sun, darkening the daytime sky for a few breathless moments. Their alignment is an event that occurs about once every 18 months.
Chiquita’s has launched a campaign that takes advantage of the seconds before and after the eclipse, when you see just a slim sliver of light as the moon slowly draws its shadow over Helios.
“On the path of totality, you will see two distinct banana suns,” the brand promises. “The total eclipse occurs in between the two banana suns as a sort of lackluster intermission.”
The “Banana Sun” launch, created alongside Wieden + Kennedy, is part of the brand’s ongoing “We Are Bananas” campaign.
“We’ve always strived to move mountains with our work, but until now, moving the fifth-largest natural satellite in our solar system was simply a pipe dream,” says W+K creative Jarrod Higgins. “We’re so honored to celebrate this wondrous moment with banana devotees around the country free of charge.”
“From debuting our iconic Blue Stickers in 1944 to introducing the world to Miss Chiquita, we’ve always aimed to drive Chiquita’s message of fun through vibrant and lighthearted visual storytelling,” says Andrew Biles, Chiquita Brands International’s president and CEO. “’We Are Bananas’ continues that tradition with a new and exciting out-of-this-world creative for our fans.”
If you want to keep up with the Banana Sun (or even just watch the solar eclipse), TheBananaSun.com will be updated regularly through Aug. 21.
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: