Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Almost 70% higher profit for Ahold Delhaize
Ahold Delhaize has closed the second quarter of 2017. Their turnover increased by 67.3 percent to EUR 16.1 billion. The company's profit also rose by 68.2% to an amount of EUR 355 million.
Dick Boer, CEO of Ahold Delhaize: "We are happy to announce such strong results", he said. "A year after the merger between Ahold and Delhaize, the integration is complete, as planned. Thanks to this fusion, we expect a financial advantage of around EUR 750 million in 2019. Of that amount we will re-invest an amount of EUR 250 million."
According to Ahold Delhaize, at its Dutch branch's, like Albert Heijn and Bol.com, turnover increased by 4,9 percent to EUR 3,4 million. In Belgium, the turnover was EUR 1,3 billion; about 0,2% more than last year.
In the United States, Ahold USA's turnover increased by EUR 5,93 billion, a rise of 2.5 percent. Delhaize USA 's turnover rose by 3.8% to almost EUR 4 billion. In Central and Eastern Europe, an increase of 4.4 percent was recorded. This amounts to EUR 1.44 billion.
Source: Ahold Delhaize
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: