Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Almost 70% higher profit for Ahold Delhaize
Ahold Delhaize has closed the second quarter of 2017. Their turnover increased by 67.3 percent to EUR 16.1 billion. The company's profit also rose by 68.2% to an amount of EUR 355 million.
Dick Boer, CEO of Ahold Delhaize: "We are happy to announce such strong results", he said. "A year after the merger between Ahold and Delhaize, the integration is complete, as planned. Thanks to this fusion, we expect a financial advantage of around EUR 750 million in 2019. Of that amount we will re-invest an amount of EUR 250 million."
According to Ahold Delhaize, at its Dutch branch's, like Albert Heijn and Bol.com, turnover increased by 4,9 percent to EUR 3,4 million. In Belgium, the turnover was EUR 1,3 billion; about 0,2% more than last year.
In the United States, Ahold USA's turnover increased by EUR 5,93 billion, a rise of 2.5 percent. Delhaize USA 's turnover rose by 3.8% to almost EUR 4 billion. In Central and Eastern Europe, an increase of 4.4 percent was recorded. This amounts to EUR 1.44 billion.
Source: Ahold Delhaize
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: