Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Almost 70% higher profit for Ahold Delhaize
Ahold Delhaize has closed the second quarter of 2017. Their turnover increased by 67.3 percent to EUR 16.1 billion. The company's profit also rose by 68.2% to an amount of EUR 355 million.
Dick Boer, CEO of Ahold Delhaize: "We are happy to announce such strong results", he said. "A year after the merger between Ahold and Delhaize, the integration is complete, as planned. Thanks to this fusion, we expect a financial advantage of around EUR 750 million in 2019. Of that amount we will re-invest an amount of EUR 250 million."
According to Ahold Delhaize, at its Dutch branch's, like Albert Heijn and Bol.com, turnover increased by 4,9 percent to EUR 3,4 million. In Belgium, the turnover was EUR 1,3 billion; about 0,2% more than last year.
In the United States, Ahold USA's turnover increased by EUR 5,93 billion, a rise of 2.5 percent. Delhaize USA 's turnover rose by 3.8% to almost EUR 4 billion. In Central and Eastern Europe, an increase of 4.4 percent was recorded. This amounts to EUR 1.44 billion.
Source: Ahold Delhaize
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: