Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bananas banned in Scottish primary schoolA Campie Primary School in Musselburgh is understood to have introduced the ban after a pupil was identified as having “a serious banana allergy”, East Lothian Council said.
Parents were informed at the end of last term and the ban comes into force when the pupils return to school on Wednesday.
The decision will see the school catering team take the fruit off its menu and parents will be asked not to pack bananas in their children’s lunchboxes or as snacks.
A number of schools in East Lothian already have bans on nuts in place but it is the first time bananas have been banned.
The Anaphylaxis Campaign, a charity for severe allergies and anaphylaxis, says allergic reactions to bananas vary widely and on rare occasions there is potential for bananas to cause anaphylaxis, which is a life-threatening allergic reaction.
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: