Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bananas banned in Scottish primary schoolA Campie Primary School in Musselburgh is understood to have introduced the ban after a pupil was identified as having “a serious banana allergy”, East Lothian Council said.
Parents were informed at the end of last term and the ban comes into force when the pupils return to school on Wednesday.
The decision will see the school catering team take the fruit off its menu and parents will be asked not to pack bananas in their children’s lunchboxes or as snacks.
A number of schools in East Lothian already have bans on nuts in place but it is the first time bananas have been banned.
The Anaphylaxis Campaign, a charity for severe allergies and anaphylaxis, says allergic reactions to bananas vary widely and on rare occasions there is potential for bananas to cause anaphylaxis, which is a life-threatening allergic reaction.
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: