Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Bananas banned in Scottish primary schoolA Campie Primary School in Musselburgh is understood to have introduced the ban after a pupil was identified as having “a serious banana allergy”, East Lothian Council said.
Parents were informed at the end of last term and the ban comes into force when the pupils return to school on Wednesday.
The decision will see the school catering team take the fruit off its menu and parents will be asked not to pack bananas in their children’s lunchboxes or as snacks.
A number of schools in East Lothian already have bans on nuts in place but it is the first time bananas have been banned.
The Anaphylaxis Campaign, a charity for severe allergies and anaphylaxis, says allergic reactions to bananas vary widely and on rare occasions there is potential for bananas to cause anaphylaxis, which is a life-threatening allergic reaction.
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: