Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigerian cargo exports increaseAccording to Ifeoma Okeke from Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc, exports have increased in volume by 50%.
''When there is a devaluation of the naira or the local currency, it promotes exports because of the exchange rate. When agricultural products are grown locally and taken abroad, people earn that same foreign exchange back to the country. Another factor is that the government is promoting exportation.'' shared Ifeoma Okeke from Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc.
''The current administration wants to limit importation into the country and promote export because that is how we can earn foreign exchange and make the economy stronger and more buoyant. The government is doing a lot of awareness campaigns through its agencies such as Nigerian Export Promotion Council, (NEPC) to both the middle man and agricultural farmers. These enlightenment campaigns show them the opportunity and what they stand to gain in exportation. Another reason for the increase in exportation is that the tariffs are reduced at the export end compared to the import end in order to make it easy for people to export.''
Click here to continue reading at businessdayonline.com.
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: