Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Accepting applications for exchange program:
Study tours for young EU growers in ChinaYoung farmers from the EU looking to share their experiences with and learn from their counterparts in China, can still apply to take part in the joint EU-China Young Farmers Programme. The scheme is open to any EU-based farmer under 40, and the deadline for applications is 10th of September for two study trips to China in November 2017 and June 2018.
The joint programme was announced by EU agriculture and rural development commissioner Phil Hogan and Han Changfu, Minister of Agriculture of the People's Republic of China, back in April, and is designed to help young farmers on both sides to deal with their common challenges by sharing knowledge and information.
The two-week study trips to China will offer young farmers from Europe the chance to see how their counterparts there are dealing with issues as varied as crop diversity, innovation in farming, environmental protection and the ageing farming population. The Chinese farmers will also take part in two study tours to learn how these and other issues are tackled in Europe.
Young EU farmers wishing to apply can find more information on the programme's aims and selection criteria, as well as the application form, on the programme's website.
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: