Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Guilin passion fruit crop hit by rains"
"This year, the production season of Guilin passion fruits was delayed by one month, and started at the end of July. It will end around February next year. The peak period is between the end of September and the middle of November," according to Mr. Li Xuan from Guilin Wanhea Agricultural Produce Co Ltd.
"This year's rainy season in the south has not only delayed the production by one month, but has also had a lot of influence on the growth of the fruit. Especially in Guangxi, many production sites have been affected by plant diseases. Our company has brought together Chinese and Taiwanese experts to solve this problem. Simultaneously, we are working together with local production sites to limit the damage that is being done by these diseases as much as possible."
"The rainy season has not reduced the production of passion fruit much, but insufficient sunlight, the inability to protect the plants and the invasion of diseases have heavily influenced the product quality, reducing the amount of high quality fruit. Moreover, this year, the production area in Guangxi is a lot bigger than last year, but because of the weather and growing technologies, many products do not reach the quality standards. This will lead to a polarization in price."
"The production sites we currently work with are over 500 hectares (5000 mu). It is estimated that they will produce 4 million kilograms of fruit this year. Our passion fruits are sold under our brand "Wanhea Passion Fruit" through traditional sales channels (around 80%) and e-commerce platforms (around 20%) to distributors and supermarkets all around the country. Our high quality fruits are packaged per twelve. Our first class fruits have twelve boxes with each four fruits (in plastic gift boxes). Our second class products are mostly packaged per piece."
"Currently, our customers mostly buy from local representatives. While steadily developing the domestic market, we are also planning to enter the export market in the future, so we can share our best products with foreign customers as well."
Guilin Wanhea Agricultural Produce Co., Ltd.http://www.wanhea.net/
Phone: +86 186 0773 7873
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: