Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Guilin passion fruit crop hit by rains"
"This year, the production season of Guilin passion fruits was delayed by one month, and started at the end of July. It will end around February next year. The peak period is between the end of September and the middle of November," according to Mr. Li Xuan from Guilin Wanhea Agricultural Produce Co Ltd.
"This year's rainy season in the south has not only delayed the production by one month, but has also had a lot of influence on the growth of the fruit. Especially in Guangxi, many production sites have been affected by plant diseases. Our company has brought together Chinese and Taiwanese experts to solve this problem. Simultaneously, we are working together with local production sites to limit the damage that is being done by these diseases as much as possible."
"The rainy season has not reduced the production of passion fruit much, but insufficient sunlight, the inability to protect the plants and the invasion of diseases have heavily influenced the product quality, reducing the amount of high quality fruit. Moreover, this year, the production area in Guangxi is a lot bigger than last year, but because of the weather and growing technologies, many products do not reach the quality standards. This will lead to a polarization in price."
"The production sites we currently work with are over 500 hectares (5000 mu). It is estimated that they will produce 4 million kilograms of fruit this year. Our passion fruits are sold under our brand "Wanhea Passion Fruit" through traditional sales channels (around 80%) and e-commerce platforms (around 20%) to distributors and supermarkets all around the country. Our high quality fruits are packaged per twelve. Our first class fruits have twelve boxes with each four fruits (in plastic gift boxes). Our second class products are mostly packaged per piece."
"Currently, our customers mostly buy from local representatives. While steadily developing the domestic market, we are also planning to enter the export market in the future, so we can share our best products with foreign customers as well."
Guilin Wanhea Agricultural Produce Co., Ltd.http://www.wanhea.net/
Phone: +86 186 0773 7873
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: