Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Hazel Technologies, Inc. welcomes new advisor Minos Athanassiadis
Hazel Technologies, Inc., a USDA-supported shelf-life extension company, recently welcomed new advisory council member, Minos Athanassiadis, a fresh produce industry pioneer with a history of introducing new technologies to some of the world’s largest produce grower shippers over the past three decades.
Athanassiadis’ accomplishments, starting in the early 1980’s, include commercializing packaged salads with Dole Fresh Vegetables, working over a decade as a specialty produce grower and more than 15 years as a consultant in agriculture technology for leading companies like John Deere and Monsanto. His role at Hazel Technologies will include advising on product development and assisting with the commercial rollouts of the numerous category leading grower-packers, like DFI Marketing, that have started to use the company’s products in their packing houses this season.
"In more than 30 years working in the produce industry, I've seen quite a few post-harvest technology companies come and go – Hazel is the first I'm really excited about,” said Minos Athanassiadis, advisory board member with Hazel Technologies. “Their solutions are already being used by leading grower-shippers in multiple regions and categories to save up to thousands of dollars per load and compete in new markets."
“We are delighted to introduce Minos as an advisory council member. He not only has a long track record of introducing valuable new innovations to grower-shippers, but he also has spent over a decade as a grower of specialty produce,” said Pat Flynn, co-founder and CMO of Hazel Technologies. “Minos understands the challenges grower-shipper’s face and how our technology helps increase grower-shipper bottom-lines. With Minos’ guidance, we’re confident that widespread adoption of our technology will continue.”
Athanassiadis’ role with the company comes at an opportune time alongside their partnership with Fresno, CA based DFI Marketing – premier brand in the fresh melon category. Support from both Athanassiadis and DFI Marketing have validated the brand’s ability to provide new and unique solutions to the industry that work.
For more information:
Patrick K. Flynn
Hazel Technologies, Inc
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: