Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Unmeltable ice cream thanks to a strawberry extract
The ice cream from the Japanese store Kanazawa Ice can maintain its appearance and taste for five minutes in the sun.
Scientists have created an unmeltable ice cream using a liquid form of a polyphenol obtained from strawberries.
The polyphenol ensures that the fat and water do not separate from the ice cream's base mixture, so the dessert maintains its shape despite being in a high temperature. This discovery was achieved as part of a research to help strawberry farmers affected by the earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan in 2011.
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: