Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Unmeltable ice cream thanks to a strawberry extract
The ice cream from the Japanese store Kanazawa Ice can maintain its appearance and taste for five minutes in the sun.
Scientists have created an unmeltable ice cream using a liquid form of a polyphenol obtained from strawberries.
The polyphenol ensures that the fat and water do not separate from the ice cream's base mixture, so the dessert maintains its shape despite being in a high temperature. This discovery was achieved as part of a research to help strawberry farmers affected by the earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan in 2011.
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: