Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukraine: Test for river shipment of watermelons and other products
In the framework of the USAID's Agricultural and Rural Development Support Project, river logistics are planned to be used to supply not only watermelons, but also fruits and vegetables, and to involve producers from other regions in the project.
Ukrinform was informed about this by the press service of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
"After the successful completion of the first test with watermelons, we expect the model to be applied to other types of fruits and vegetables, and to involve growers from other regions willing to take advantage of this supply chain," noted experts of the project.
The first barge with watermelons, which arrived in Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky on 4 August, was a test of a new model for the supply of fruit and vegetable products in Ukraine. Now the project participants are working out the logistics and packaging arrangements and calculating the cost and time indicators.
As reported in June 2017, growers of the Kherson region, Nibulon JV LLC, Silpo trade network and the USAID AgroSerge Development project signed an agreement for cooperation within the framework of the pilot project "Creating an effective logistics chain for fruit and vegetable products." The first delivery within the framework of the project was carried out on 30 July, when a ship loaded with Kherson watermelons sailed from Hola Prystan to Kiev.
Publication date: 8/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: