Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Bonduelle Group records 16.3% increase in turnover
The Bonduelle Group’s turnover has increased by 16.3% over the 2016-2017 exercise. They have reached the €2 billion mark, largely thanks to the acquisition of American Ready Pac Foods.
According to the group, their sales reached €2.28 billion and turnover has seen a 2.7% increase in organic growth, a figure at the “higher end” of their target, as well as a favourable exchange rate.
Bonduelle finalised their acquisition of Ready Pac Foods, American specialists in individually packed salad portions, for €379 million. The acquisition asserts their growth outside of Europe and in the fresh, ready to eat vegetable sector.
The lack of produce due to shortages in the summer 2016 (canned and frozen vegetables) and the start of 2017 (salad in sachets) was made up for in the spring by the mild weather that favoured canned sweetcorn consumption and grocery products.
Publication date: 8/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: