Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zespri takes first place at PMA’s Foodservice lunch competition
Zespri’s SunGold Kiwifruit took home the win at the annual Produce Marketing Association’s Foodservice Conference Strolling Lunch Competition held in Monterey, California on July 29th. Domenica Catelli, a renowned chef featured on the Food Network and owner of Catelli’s Restaurant in Sonoma County, California, prepared an open-faced pulled pork slider with SunGold Kiwifruit prepared three ways: slow cooked in a BBQ sauce, pickled, and chopped raw into a creative slaw. The recipe connected perfectly with the conference theme, Innovate the Plate.
"When I received the Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit opportunity, I was excited and a little bit nervous, since my experience is mainly with the green kiwi. That quickly changed when I found out how versatile and delicious this fruit is and that you can eat the skin of the SunGold. Texture, taste and ease created limitless ways to pull this together. SunGold Kiwifruit three ways was born! It was a fun project to work on and inspires me to see what else I can create with this healthy and versatile fruit," stated Chef Domenica.
Show attendees sampled chef creations and voted on their favorite during the interactive lunch. Chef Domenica explained the versatility of Zespri’s SunGold Kiwifruit while other chefs featured their innovative dishes. In the end, Zespri’s SunGold Slider was declared the winning dish due to its unique flavor and creativity.
Tel: (818) 718-8084 ext. 212
Publication date: 8/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: