Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
First call into port for "Munich Maersk" in Hamburg
The "Munich Maersk", one of the biggest container ships on the planet with a loading capacity of 20,586 TEU (Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit), has tied up to the EUROGATE Container Terminal Hamburg on its maiden voyage on August 5th.
The Mega-Carrier is part of the second generation of the well-known Triple-E-Class of the Maersk Line and is calling into the port as part of the AE-5 liner service of the 2M Alliance, which connects European ports to the Far East. The "Munich Maersk" was delivered to the shipping company in June.
"With this first visit of the Munich Maersk in Hamburg, we have yet another reason to celebrate our cooperation with the city and the port," says Jens-Ole Krenzien, Vice President for North-West-Europe. "As the newest addition to our modern fleet, this ship is underlining our commitment, to deliver efficient, sustainable and reliable service to our customers in Germany and all over the world."
The "Munich Maersk" is part of a series of eleven container ships, which will be delivered by the end of 2018. These ships from the second generation of the innovative Triple-E-Class set new standards for container shipping and will replace smaller, less efficient ships that are currently supplying between Asia and Europe.
Source: Hafen Hamburg
One of the highlights of the "Munich Maersk" and her sisters is, among others, that it has similar dimensions as its predecessors but is able to load an extra 2,000 TEU. Compared to the ships of the first generation, the "Munich Maersk" is 7% more efficient.
Source: Hafen Hamburg
Publication date: 8/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: