Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Boost for Belarusian food exports expected in 2017Belarus plans to export its food products for a sum of six billion U.S. dollars in 2017, said Belarusian Deputy Prime Minister Mikhail Rusy.
"We expect to reach six billion (U.S. dollars) in terms of exports," he said in a recent interview with a local news channel.
According to the deputy prime minister, China is one of the promising markets for Belarusian food products. "Chinese businessmen demonstrate interest in our agro-industrial sector, we have managed to certify a rather big number of our companies making dairy and meat products for the Chinese market," he said.
According to Rusy, Belarusian fruits and vegetables enjoy high demand on foreign markets, including in Russia. "Russia has somewhat changed its style of work with us," he said. "Serious networks, groups of companies possessing big networks demonstrate interest in buying dairy and meat products, as well as fruits and vegetables." Belarus, in his words, has storage facilities enough to ensure round-the-year supplies, which is of interest for network operators.
According to the Belarusian agriculture ministry’s statistics, Belarusian farming exports went up by 17% in the first six months of the current year, to reach 1.23 billion U.S. dollars. Exports to Russia increased by 15%, with Russia accounting for 92% of Belarusian food exports. However Russia’s share in Belarus’ food exports is gradually shrinking as the country is conducting a policy of diversification of its exports.
Publication date: 8/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: