Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
San Miguel consolidates fresh fruit strategy in L. AmericaAfter the reopening of the Brazilian and Mexican markets to Argentine citrus, San Miguel has consolidated its fresh fruit strategy in Latin America.
New markets within the region provide new opportunities to the citrus industry in general and to San Miguel in particular.
Although the company was already selling fruit —mainly oranges— to Brazil from its operation in Uruguay, the reopening to products from Argentina will enable it to increase the volume offered to existing and potential customers. San Miguel has already started to sell oranges from Argentina and it expects to sell a total of approximately 200 pallets of oranges, which accounts for 180 tons of fruit.
Meanwhile, Mexico has recently authorized the entry of lemons from the province of Tucumán. In this case, taking into account that the opening took place almost at the end of this crop season, the full citrus export is scheduled for 2018.
This not only increases the supply of product available in Latin America, but also aims at developing new sales channels through an ambitious program with supermarket chains.
For more information visit www.sanmiguelglobal.com.
Publication date: 8/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: