Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
French figs arrive earlyFigs usually go on sale in France around August 20, but this year’s heat has brought the harvest in early. August, September and October are when figs come into full bloom.
France produces 4000 tonnes annually of the versatile fruit, which thrives in the Mediterranean region where 90% of global output is produced. There are around 700 named global fig varieties.
In France, Languedoc-Roussillon is noted for its fig production. The Figue de Solliès is the most widespread, accounting for 75% of the market. Other varieties include the Rouge de Bordeaux, the Sultane, the Marseillaise, the Noire de Caromb and the Goutte d'or.
Publication date: 8/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: