Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
California almonds now cover 1 million acres
California's almond boom has hit 1 million acres, covering a total area bigger than the state of Rhode Island.
The Record news of Stockton reports the state's almond harvest is expected to hit a record 2.2 billion pounds (1 billion kilograms) this year.
Surging demand for almond snacks in Asia has helped make almonds California's richest agricultural export, surpassing wine grapes and other crops.
The doubling of the state's almond acreage since 2000 is controversial because the state has frequent droughts, and nut trees can't be fallowed in a dry year. However, the Almond Board of California says the state has the most efficient almond growers in the world.
Publication date: 8/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: