Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
2017 Washington Conference to kick off in historic Senate Kennedy Caucus room
The United Fresh Washington Conference Celebrate Fresh Opening Reception will take place Monday, September 18, 2017 in one of the most historic rooms in the nation’s capital: the Kennedy Caucus Room of the Russell Senate Office Building.
Produce industry leaders from across the country will come together to celebrate the Power of Fresh in this iconic room that has served as the backdrop for many major Senate committee investigations, including hearings on the sinking of the Titanic, Pearl Harbor, Watergate, and the Vietnam War.
“The walls of the Kennedy Caucus Room have housed some of the most historic moments of our country,” said United Fresh Senior Vice President of Public Policy Robert Guenther. “Fresh produce advocates will have a unique opportunity to come together and enjoy the historic atmosphere and absorb the impact of the decisions made within its walls.”
Originally known as just the “Senate Caucus Room,” the name was changed in 2009 after the Senate voted to name the space the “Kennedy Caucus Room” in honor of John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, and Edward M. Kennedy. All three brothers served as senators and participated in major hearings that took place in the caucus room. Senator Christopher Dodd (CT) is quoted as saying that by naming the room after the Kennedys, it is "not just as a monument to the things these three brothers did as senators and as colleagues of ours here, but in the spirit of compassion and compromise, the fierce advocacy and tender friendship that Teddy and his brothers brought to this body."
Each year, the Washington Conference brings together hundreds of produce leaders from all sectors of the industry for education on critical industry issues such as our workforce, trade, tax reform and nutrition. Attendees also take part in meetings with members of Congress and their staff, as well as top regulatory officials.
Publication date: 8/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: