Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
2017 Washington Conference to kick off in historic Senate Kennedy Caucus room
The United Fresh Washington Conference Celebrate Fresh Opening Reception will take place Monday, September 18, 2017 in one of the most historic rooms in the nation’s capital: the Kennedy Caucus Room of the Russell Senate Office Building.
Produce industry leaders from across the country will come together to celebrate the Power of Fresh in this iconic room that has served as the backdrop for many major Senate committee investigations, including hearings on the sinking of the Titanic, Pearl Harbor, Watergate, and the Vietnam War.
“The walls of the Kennedy Caucus Room have housed some of the most historic moments of our country,” said United Fresh Senior Vice President of Public Policy Robert Guenther. “Fresh produce advocates will have a unique opportunity to come together and enjoy the historic atmosphere and absorb the impact of the decisions made within its walls.”
Originally known as just the “Senate Caucus Room,” the name was changed in 2009 after the Senate voted to name the space the “Kennedy Caucus Room” in honor of John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, and Edward M. Kennedy. All three brothers served as senators and participated in major hearings that took place in the caucus room. Senator Christopher Dodd (CT) is quoted as saying that by naming the room after the Kennedys, it is "not just as a monument to the things these three brothers did as senators and as colleagues of ours here, but in the spirit of compassion and compromise, the fierce advocacy and tender friendship that Teddy and his brothers brought to this body."
Each year, the Washington Conference brings together hundreds of produce leaders from all sectors of the industry for education on critical industry issues such as our workforce, trade, tax reform and nutrition. Attendees also take part in meetings with members of Congress and their staff, as well as top regulatory officials.
Publication date: 8/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: