Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zimbabwe to receive $2m from India for food testing labZimbabwe is expected to receive $2 million worth of equipment from India for a food testing laboratory, which is being established in the Department of the Research and Specialist Services under the Ministry of Agriculture, Mechanisation and Irrigation Development.
This came out at a meeting between Agriculture Minister Dr Joseph Made and Indian Ambassador Rungsung Masakui held at the ministry's Ngungunyana offices yesterday.
Dr Made said the meeting was meant to review several agricultural projects, chief among them the progress of the food testing laboratory. The laboratory, which will be equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, will test domestic and export materials.
"We also reviewed the development of the irrigation sector. Under irrigation also was the fact that Zimbabwe has an opportunity to produce crops that can be marketed in India. Horticultural crops such as onions, avocado pears of a specific variety and pulses," said Dr Made.
Publication date: 7/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: