Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Coliman Group hosts the first meeting of Fair Trade CommitteesIn order to increase knowledge and solve questions on Fair Trade criteria in farming and create a space for dialogue for the different agents involved in Fairtrade, the "Conference of Workers’ Premium Committees and Fairtrade Officials” was held in the city of Tecomán, Colima, Mexico.
The event was attended by 30 people, representatives of the Committees of Faitrade Premium and Business Officials of eight different companies with a presence in the states of Sonora, Sinaloa, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacán and Chiapas, producers of bananas, vegetables and agave. Luis Álvarez, Regional Coordinator - Central America - Mexico of CLAC (Latin American and Caribbean Coordinatotion of Small Producers and Fair Trade Workers) participated as moderator.
Luis Álvarez emphasized the need to share experiences among committees to measure the impact and uses of the fair trade premium. It is important to create opportunities for meeting and strengthening links among the different committees.
On the other hand, the host of the event, Coliman Group, presented information on the company and its experience in the process of obtaining the Fairtrade certification. The hosts gave the participants a tour of the facilities of two of their certified farms, showing the process of production and packaging of the organic banana that the company produces and sells.
The organizations present had the opportunity to review the Fair Trade System and its most important agents and discuss points of agreement and interpretation of the standard criteria.
In addition, experiences, achievements and challenges of committees and officers were shared on different topics, such as the perception of the elimination of child labor, housing, regulations and policies, and empowerment of committees, among other topics that were very relevant to consolidate a meeting characterized by learning and enriching discussion for the CLAC representative and the companies present.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: