Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Coliman Group promotes FairtradeConcerned about the well-being of its collaborators, the Coliman Group has taken on the task of finding the necessary tools and platforms for the improvement of working conditions that are 100% safe and are focused on health, education and housing.
Coliman Group obtained in December of 2014 the FAIRTRADE certification for Organic Bananas that are planted and harvested in Tecomán, Colima.
Fairtrade is an alternative approach to conventional trade based on an association between producers and traders as well as between companies and consumers. Its contribution to sustainable development lies in offering better trading conditions and guaranteeing labor rights.
In the Coliman Group, we have met the criteria that Fairtrade International establishes: Support for the development of collaborators by empowering them to fight poverty and strengthening their skills, to name but a few.
Fairtrade guarantees that the company pays decent wages, respects health and safety, and protects the environment.
Selling its organic products under the Fairtrade criteria allows Colliman’s collaborators to receive an additional amount of money called the Fairtrade Premium. This is used for projects that promote the improvement of the economic and social situation of the collaborators and their families, as well as the natural habitat.
The Fairtrade premium fund has been earmarked for the investment of more than 20 projects related to health, education, construction, housing improvement and community aid.
With this certification, two foundations have been created benefiting a total of 595 associates as well as their families and communities.
Since its creation, the foundations have aimed to review the most urgent needs of the collaborators through socio-economic studies, talks and assemblies of the Fairtrade committees.
Undoubtedly, this is an essential certification that adds value to our company, taking care of our personnel and generating adequate work spaces.
For more information:Audee Rios
Publication date: 8/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: