Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Producers expect up to 30% less lemon
Argentina: Citrus production in Tucuman decreases
Even though it hasn't been confirmed by official data, Tucuman's Citrus Association (ATC) stated that the provincial citrus production fell this year and, according to them, it was mainly due to the climatic adversities of 2016 and early 2017.
"Fruit production has fallen this year, but I still can't corroborate how much of a decline there was," Roberto Sanchez Loria, head of the ATC, told La Gaceta.
Sanchez Loria said that "they had managed to meet export commitments in an adjusted manner. We'll probably also have less industrial products and derivates."
According to the leader, "nobody is quite sure why. But we talked with the technicians of the Experimental Station (Agroindustrial Obispo Colombres -Eeaoc-), who are working on the subject, and they say last year's climatic factors could have altered the plant's physiology."
On the other hand, different entities of the sector expect a 20% to 30% fall in the production of lemons for this campaign, which will condition the companies ability to export and supply the industry.
Publication date: 7/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: