Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ecuador: Facing the global changesThe 14th international banana forum takes place from 2-5 of October. This is organized by A.E.B.E, which is the association of the Ecuadorian banana exporters. The theme this year is “Enfrentando los cambios globales”, which means facing the global changes. This contributes to the process of reclaiming European markets and also to develop new technical and technological processes to improve the quality and competitiveness of the Ecuadorian banana.
Aebe explains, on their website, their choice of this theme. “We are the major banana suppliers in the countries of the European Union, Russia, South America, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, as well as in the United States of America. We are present in the Asian market, especially in China. Therefore, our production and productivity are facing great challenges and adjustments for global changes.
“Ecuador continues to be the world's leading banana exporter. The year 2017 offers great opportunities for the commercialization of fruit in European countries. With the entry into force of the Multiparty Agreement with the European Union since January 2017, our fruit competes with other producing countries for quality and volume, not in terms of price”, as expressed by the Minister of Foreign Trade, Dr. Juan Carlos Cassinelli.
This is the first edition of the forum that will include a business round table area. Together with pro Ecuador and the Ministry of Foreign Trade, they have established the opportunity for importers of different foreign markets to have meetings with Ecuadorian exporters. The objective of this meeting is to promote exports and support the strengthening of the banana production chain.
Moreover, national and international experts will be sharing their knowledge during the conferences. 68 stands with companies and brands from the public and private sector, but all related to the banana sector, will be exhibiting their products and services, and there will also be a gastronomic zone of tourism and culture.
For more information:
Asociación de Exportadores de Banano del Ecuador
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: