Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- World-first Panama disease-resistant Cavendish bananas developed
- Zimbabwe: Timing of general's visit to China raises questions
- NZ: AVOCO's avocado exports growing, despite some market inconsistencies
- New avocado variety to extend growing season
- Dwindling labor force in Washington fruit tree industry putting stress on production
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Investigation confirms Pichuberry’s fraud with organic certification
In March of this year, FreshPlaza published an article about fraud with the organic certification of goldenberries. A company called Pichuberry was selling organic goldenberries under the certification of Andes Fruits Colombia.
After investigation, the USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) confirmed that Pichuberry has indeed used a fraudulent organic document for its conventional goldenberries. Pichuberry has falsely included Andes Export Company in the certification.
“Andes Export Company is certified by CERES and is an operation in good standing,” according to a statement from AMS’s National Organic Program (NOP). “Andes Export is not responsible for the alteration of this certificate.”
On its Fraudulent Organic Certificates website, the NOP publicly announces a list of information about fraudulent certificates.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: